Taking the risk out of buying used cars in Mexico
Our service is finding clients cars in Mexico that are in good mechanical condition,
not stolen, have not been in serious accidents, have clean title,
have all taxes paid and are checked for a myriad of other issues
that you probably don’t even know to ask about.
How We Work:
1) You tell us the make(s) and model(s) of cars that you wish to purchase and any details you wish to provide. Know that the more details you require the longer it will take to find you a car.
2) We use our network in Mexico City to search for the car. Mexico City has the largest pool of used cars in Mexico a big advantage over looking for a used car in SMA. We will establish from the network the price range for the car you wish to buy.
3) When we find a car that meets your requirements at the purchase price you have agreed to pay, Jim will go to see the car and send you photos along with detailed information about the vehicle.
4) If you want to buy the car we, have the car checked by a mechanic. When the car has passed the mechanic’s inspection AND my partner has checked all the car’s documents to assure that they are in good order (a process that can take some time). Only after the car has passed these tests, Jim buys the car for you and that same day, you and I go to transfer in Mexican pesos from a Mexican bank the purchase price to Jim’s account in Mexico City.
5) The purchase price will include: the cost of the car (that includes our fee), the cost of full-coverage auto insurance in your name for one year, costs of sending all the car documents via DHL (we do not send the title documents with the car), a bus ticket for the delivery driver back to Mexico City, gas, tolls etc. all of which will be line-itemed before you decide to buy. A unique charge that will be itemized is the cost to take the Mexico City plates off the car when it is purchased. *See note below.
6) We deliver the car to you here in SMA with: clean title, proof that all taxes have been paid, and we introduce you to our facilitator/expeditor here in SMA that will help you for a fee to get the vehicle license in Guanajuato. *See note below.
We have sold cars now to many folks here in SMA who have offered to provide us with some very good references about the cars we have found/delivered, about us and our process. If you would like to talk to our references/clients let me know and I will send you their information.
It is tricky business buying a used car in Mexico; something that unfortunately many expats find out the hard way. Our service is not the sale of used cars, it is finding people cars in Mexico City that are in good mechanical condition, that have clean title that can be transferred and registered in Guanajuato, that have not been stolen, that have not been in accidents (totaled), that have all its taxes paid and, a myriad of other Mexican car issues that ex-pats don’t even know to ask about.
We want to keep our reputation in place, so we generally don’t handle any sedans or SUVs that are older than four years. We have from experience found that finding a reliable car with all documents in place is not realistic under this purchase price.
If you are interested, let’s talk on the phone soon and make a date to meet in person soon. Send me a number I can call you at.
My cell number is 044 415 151 1318. Vonage: 415 433 4330. House: 415 121 4886.
*Note: our facilitator has asked us to advise you that since January of 2017 the authorities here in SMA are requiring cars with the old Mexico City plates (vs CDMX plates) to have the plates returned to Mexico City as a condition to receiving new GTO plates. This process will cost you an additional 2,300 pesos when you go to register your car. We mention this here because previously this was not the case.