The Rancho Tour is an opportunity to meet the weavers of Las Rancheritas by visiting their village. You will have a personal experience into day to day life in a rural village.
The Tour Includes:
2. A fabulous home made traditional Mexican luncheon, vegetarian. With demonstrations is traditional cooking techniques like using a metate and cooking on a comal. Participants can try making a tortilla by hand it they like.
3. Visit to their store with demonstration in rug hooking,
4. Demonstration in stone carving.
5. Introduction to the ancient language of Otomi with one of the elders.
6. introduction to medicinal herbs
This is a great tour for children 8 and over and photographers. Remember to bring extra cash. There are wonderful crafts to purchase at great prices.
Tours leave from in front of St. Pauls Episcopal church on Cardo (See the Map).
All proceeds benefit Las Rancheritas.
How to Register
Every Friday 12:30 - 5:00
Reservations are required for the tour. Email to reserve.
Cost is $650 pesos and includes transportation, lunch and tour.
If you have your own transport the tour is 400 pesos.