Holiday Craft Fair
benefiting Escuela de Educación Especial
Wednesday, 4 December 2019
11:00am to 2:00pm
Calle Canal 152 (look for the purple and white ribbons)
$300 pesos admission goes toward your purchase
Join us for a wondrous introduction to the Holiday Season while showing your support to the Deaf students of Escuela de Educación Especial de San Miguel de Allende who have been working diligently to design, create and showcase their own handcrafts for this event. Vocational Training Programs at the school, including woodworking, art, sewing, and jewelry making, have been in full swing for several months now and the older students have been tirelessly working with dedicated volunteers and instructors to prepare for this event. There will be many gift and decorative items to jump start the holiday spirit in all of us. The bistro will be open to serve complimentary refreshments and yummy baked goods.
The school’s mission is “to ensure that all San Miguel de Allende children and young adults who are Deaf become literate, independent, and productive citizens who set and achieve life goals”. Teaching the students marketable skills that can be later translated to employment opportunities in the community is one important way of achieving this goal.
Our mission is to ensure that all San Miguel de Allende children who are Deaf become literate, independent, and productive citizens who set and achieve life goals. San Miguel School for Special Education, or Escuela de Educación Especial de San Miguel de Allende, will accomplish this mission through:
- > Forging partnerships with families, other “like” schools , and government and non-government organizations;
- > Providing leadership, advocacy, and educational expertise that advances a continuum of educational options that honor individual children’s needs and are based upon a comprehensive, whole-child assessment;
- > Dedication to proven best educational practices in language and communication access and the bi-lingual utilization of Mexican Sign Language and Spanish;
- > Establishing and maintaining high expectations for all students through an accessible, engaging, standards-based curriculum that promotes social, vocational, and post-primary school success and utilizes state-of-the-art technology, when available;
- > Respect for diversity in socioeconomic status, cultures and perspectives of families and students;
- > Encouraging and supporting students choices and self-determination to ensure their post-secondary experiences are successful.