“Spectrum of Stroke Care: From Acute Care to Rehab and Recovery”
Friday Dec 7
5:30 to 8:00 pm
Brett C. Meyer, MD, from University of California San Diego, will give an informative presentation on stroke care on Friday, December 7th, at La Casona Convention Center.
The presentation is entitled “Spectrum of Stroke Care: From Acute Care to Rehab and Recovery” and is co-sponsored by UC San Diego Health and UNIMED clinic in San Miguel.
Dr. Meyer’s presentation will focus on stroke care, beginning with what you really need to know about stoke prevention. From there he will review stroke treatments, and conclude the presentation explaining thestroke rehabilitation approaches to address post-stroke motor and speech issues.
Wine and canapés will be served.
RSVP to Deborah@bewellsanmiguel.com
Helping you get the best medical care available Be Well San Miguel Patient Advocacy Services is growing. Deborah Bickel PA is now joined by Sue Leonard NP as well as Juan Soria RN. As health Advocates we can and do:
* Create and manage professional teams for your home care
* Identify appropriate care providers and assist you in setting appointments
* Help you proactively manage your medical and health needs
* Accompany you to office visits and procedures
* Create, organize and translate your medical records
* Help you prepare for future health emergencies
* Provide education concerning your medication and wellness plans
* Assist in creating your advance directives and other end of life decisions
* Manage end of life care as directed by yourself, your family or loved ones.
Should you be hospitalized in Mexico we are able to:
* Remain at your bedside and communicate on your behalf with medical staff during hospitalization
* Coordinate and assist with post hospitalization and home care
* Oversee the accuracy and fairness of hospital and insurance billing
* Manage a medical alert system called Be Safe that provides its wearer with 24/7 medical intervention via an electronic pendent or key chain and wireless phone system
* Place vital medical information on an external drive to be worn as a necklace, key chain or bracelet
Deborah Bickel is an international health worker and founder and principal of Be Well San Miguel patient advocacy services. Deborah graduated from the Stanford University Physician Assistant program and earned a master’s degree in Public Health from the University of California at Berkeley. She taught medicine at Stanford, managed and worked as a primary care at a private clinic in the San Francisco Bay area, Deborah has lived and worked in health care in many parts of the world including Mexico, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Cuba, and Africa. She is a fluent Spanish speaker.
Sue Leonard is a Nurse Practitioner and a long-term resident of San Miguel who has functioned both formally and informally as a Patient Advocate for more than a year guiding expatriates through health care crises in a variety of ways, including providing support and instruction to home care providers, identifying the best health care practitioners and making referrals. Previously she delivered direct primary health care for 6 years and then was the Director that non-profit in the US. She also has 25 years of leadership experience in the US, Southeast Asia, Pacific, Central Asia and Africa largely in the health field. In addition, she was a psychiatric nurse in a hospital setting as well as in a community clinic and taught nursing skills to nurse aids
Juan Soria Mr. Soria a certified nurse, native to San Miguel de Allende He completed his nursing training 10 years ago in Irapuato, Guanajuato at SIDAD. As part of his training he completed courses at the military hospital as well as working full time in management of cardiac patients. He is dedicated to high quality health care in the home as well as the hospital. His services are in demand among expatriate patients because he is both highly skilled and English speaking. He works closely with many local physicians as well as a growing number in Celaya and Querétero.
Please phone or email to set up an appointment : Deborah Bickel Deborah@bewellsanmiguel.com (+52) 415-115-7815 BeWellSanMiguel Patient Advocacy Services by Deborah Bickel PA MPH