Event Category: Community Events
100 Women Who Care in SMA
Next Meeting: April 16
Place: Rosewood Hotel
Together we’ve become a powerful group, having a positive impact on those in need here in the San Miguel area. Thank you for being a member! Don’t forget to invite a new friend to come and join us first for a “Get to Know Each Other Cocktail Hour” from 3:30 to 4:30 at Rosewood. Check-in for our meeting begins at 4:30. We’ll start at 5 pm on the dot and end in one hour!
To date we have raised $1,706,940 pesos for our community!
We welcome you to 100 Women Who Care in San Miguel de Allende. We invite you to become part of this powerful group and to have a positive impact on those in need here in the San Miguel area, without the time-consuming effort we all associate with fundraising. (Yes, it IS possible!)Our mission is to reach out and help our community with 100+ to each contribute $1,000 pesos four times a year, that’s a goal of $400,000 annually, to local charities. All charities and organizations up for consideration must be in the San Miguel area. The idea is to keep it local and have an impact that we can see in our community. If $1,000 pesos is too steep for you each time, bring a friend or friends and join as a team.
This group is perfect for you if:
- you want 100% of your donations to go directly to a local charity in your community
- you don’t have time in your busy life for a consistent volunteer commitment
- you want to be part of creating a powerful new group that will make an immediate, direct and positive impact on your community
HOW 100 WOMEN WHO CARE WORKS:
- We meet 4 times a year and meetings are required to be one hour or less.
- Each Member commits to donating $1000 pesos per meeting ($4000 pesos per year) or commits as a team (2 or 4 women) ($4000) per year total.
- Members bring $1000 pesos (Two Fridas!) to the meeting either for single membership or as a team.
- If a member is unable to attend a meeting she must give her money to another member to deliver on her behalf.
- All donations will be given to local San Miguel non-profit organizations. Nominations benefiting national charitable organizations will not be considered.
- Only Members who have signed an Individual Commitment Form or Team Commitment Form may submit an organization for consideration.
- Members who wish to submit an organization for consideration must complete an NGO Organization Fact Sheet in advance and be ready to make a 5 minute or less presentation at the meeting to the members. You may only nominate one organization per meeting. Three organization names will be randomly drawn at the meeting of which the presenters will then have time to make their presentation. If more than one person nominates the same charity both are invited to make the presentation together.
- If there is an immediate/emergency need at the time of the meeting, it may be presented as one of the choices. Example: flooding
- A Q&A session will take place immediately following each presentation and directly preceding Member voting. No testimonials or further advocating for the organization will be permitted during the question period.
- Each Member will vote by ballot. Teams of two or four members have only one vote. Majority rules.
- All organizations that have been nominated and not selected for a grant will remain “in the hat” for drawings at subsequent meetings. Once a charity has received funding, that organization is not eligible for resubmission for three years.
- When an NGO is drawn from the hat, an official representative of that organization must give the five-minute presentation. If no official representative, with a prepared presentation, is present, we will mark the organization’s ticket. After three such marks, the organization will be removed from the hat and must be renominated to be eligible.
- In the case of a two-way tie the membership will be provided with the names of the two organizations and a second vote will be taken. If the second vote results in another tie then we will randomly pick one of the two organizations out of a hat. In the case of a three-way tie, we will randomly pick one of the three names out of a hat.
- The winning organization is required to send a representative to the next meeting to explain to the Membership how the funds have been used and to provide receipts/documentation.