Deseñas Tienda Open to the Public
Friday, 6 December 2019
11:00am to 2:00pm
Calle Canal 152
(look for the purple and white ribbons)
Escuela de Educación Especial/San Miguel School for Special Education (EEESMA) invites you to visit its boutique outlet, Deseñas, where handcrafts are showcased to the public. The older students, all of whom are Deaf, have been very busy creating one-of-a-kind jewelry, woodwork and fabric items. You won’t believe your eyes when you see the extraordinary beautiful silver jewelry pieces, wood cutting boards, artist easels, unique cushions, embellished denim jackets and much more; all offered at a great value by way of a donation to the school.
Our mission is to ensure that all San Miguel de Allende children who are Deaf become literate, independent, and productive citizens who set and achieve life goals. San Miguel School for Special Education, or Escuela de Educación Especial de San Miguel de Allende, will accomplish this mission through:
- > Forging partnerships with families, other “like” schools , and government and non-government organizations;
- > Providing leadership, advocacy, and educational expertise that advances a continuum of educational options that honor individual children’s needs and are based upon a comprehensive, whole-child assessment;
- > Dedication to proven best educational practices in language and communication access and the bi-lingual utilization of Mexican Sign Language and Spanish;
- > Establishing and maintaining high expectations for all students through an accessible, engaging, standards-based curriculum that promotes social, vocational, and post-primary school success and utilizes state-of-the-art technology, when available;
- > Respect for diversity in socioeconomic status, cultures and perspectives of families and students;
- > Encouraging and supporting students choices and self-determination to ensure their post-secondary experiences are successful.